It winds me up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose it isn't serious, but it does wind me up. I spent my life learning "Clockwise to close", and if it doesn't it's a gas fitting. But every single water butt tap I come across OPENS clockwise except one. It didn't start life as a water butt, and has been fitted with a proper outside tap. Net result, I keep forgetting where I am at and overflowing the watering can by turning in the wrong direction.

Got any moans to get off your chest ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've done the same thing with the water hose cutoff valves. For some reason I had a valve that worked in the oppoisite direction.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Annoying isn't it? And then when I get used to them going the wrong way I use the one that doesn't; and get it wrong. Arrrgh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are little plastic stickers that are put on fruit and veg. I found one today turning over a piece of ground that had had kitchen compost on it. A year in a compost heap, most of a year on the ground and it was pristine, 'Ripe and ready Avocado' was the message. I understand the need to put bar codes on goods, but this other information is probably available at point of sale anyway, and if it is ripe and ready', with no life, why label it with something indestructible?' What is wrong with sticky paper?

Ask a Question