It really is a sin to be born black,

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Greating animal lovers,
Anyone who knows me will tell you i think more about animals than a lot of people ive met in my life,
After leaving the Army it was'nt long befor i recieved a confirmed order the dog i'd rescued was now in quaranteen and would stay there for 6 months,

She was a scruffy cross breed and because i fed her she followed me every chance she got and so i thought im leaving the army and trying to live a new life away from death, and evil people who didn't know anything about peace,
Women ment little and animals even less,
I did-nt know then i was getting into a world of more death, cruelty but this time it was animals, dogs are so easy to get hold of,
No checks on the owners and if they're fit to own any life be it on four legs,
When we came to france we had two dogs "both rescue" and both had bad starts in life,
They stayed with us until they both died aged 12 and 14,
Because of the SPCA we got to know the staff and we've been asked if we could take a dog for a few weeks as they we're full to the brim,
Both times we couldnt believe our eyes at what we we're seeing,
One was a german sheperd, she was skin and bone and her pads on her feet we're just red raw as was the under side of her legs, she'd been in a celler for two years on concrete floors,
Roxanne was her name and she stayed with us for 4 years until she passed away one night at my feet, "What a lovely dog she was,
It took months of trying to win her over before one night she walked over to my side of the woodburner and licked my hand, WOW it was like winning the lotto,

Today i got a phone call from one of the staff of the SPCA just asking how 's things,
I asked whats the longest time a dogs in their care today?

6 Years was the reply,
Why i asked,
Oh she's a lovely dog only one thing wrong with her, She's Black,
It works out that a lot of french people think black dogs are unlucky "like cursed"?

Ive our two dogs "But" if i could i'd have that dog here with us,

Rue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Black cats get the same stigma attached to them, it's quite sad how many people truly believe black animals are unlucky.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Rue
And thanks for replying,
Im not made that way we're i like one colour or (as i say make of animal or human) and im pleased i believe all have a place in this world and to not see in the eyes of an animal true friendship, "well" as ive said some people dont need a white stick to show us they're blind to whats all around them,
Have a nice day Rue:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It's been my observation where ever I've lived that black animals are a popular choice, especially black cats. I had a black lab and I've had the coolest black cat. And there's a black cat that lives across the street from me that keeps the rats under control in my yard. And I like feeding the black vultures in my backyard.

022.JPG

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Road runner,
Nice to hear not all people are cruel to animals because they're black/blue/green or any other colour,:rolleyes:

Ask a Question