It is not too late to plant your bulbs for spring flowers

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you forget to plant your bulbs it is not to late

Tulips and Daffodils require a min of 12 weeks for a rooting period. Simply place them in a pot with at least 2 inch's of soil below them. Cover with soil, water in and place in a cold, dark garage or cellar.
upload_2015-2-22_9-49-5.png

Tulips and Daffodils require a min of 12 weeks for a rooting period. Simply place them in a pot with at least 2 inch's of soil below them. Cover with soil, water in and place in a cold, dark garage or cellar.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-22_9-49-41.png
    upload_2015-2-22_9-49-41.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 373
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I don't know much about flowers or bulbs, but I have some under a tree that came out around November, I believe. We moved here in September so I didn't know they were there. Is there any way of knowing what kind they are before they bloom?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this, Pat!
What about hyacinths? Should I plant my bulbs in a garden or keep them in a pot in a cold basement? They have started withering:(

Reaction score
Thanks, that is really good to know :) Sadly no gardening for me this year, at least nothing involving tulips or daffodils. I might plant cilantro tho, I use it often and the one from the store is full of pesticides...

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
r.r. I think you will have to wait until the bulb blooms to find out what it is. I may be wrong but as far as I know there is now way to identify the bulb, I did a quick search with no real results. You need the leaf of the plant to give you an idea of the plants id.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I keep looking at the tulips at work wistfully, but I am trying hard - very, very hard, to exercise some self control, lol. There is so much that I need to get done and I just can't spend all my money on flowers! I tried to get some tulip bulbs to rebloom last year, but I only got them far along enough to start seeing leaf shoots. :-(

One day...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
r.r. I think you will have to wait until the bulb blooms to find out what it is. I may be wrong but as far as I know there is now way to identify the bulb, I did a quick search with no real results. You need the leaf of the plant to give you an idea of the plants id.
I guess I'll wait then...I thought about pulling them because I was planning on growing something else there, but I'm curious now and I'd like to see what they are.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
You still have time to plant crocus, hyacinth, daffodil, and tulip bulbs. I have been planting tulip bulbs since early September.

Ask a Question