Is this squash plant huge?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It's my first year at this, so I don't really know how big they get, but I think this one is huge. It's not even in the garden, but at the end of the driveway where I was trying to grow some flowers. No special mixture of anything, just the dirt that was there when we rented. I think the secret is the worm bin sits next to it, and it's getting lots and lots of compost tea. I have a big bowl to catch the tea, but it's overflowed sometimes.
Supersquash 004.JPG
Supersquash 005.JPG
Supersquash 008.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's my first year at this, so I don't really know how big they get, but I think this one is huge. It's not even in the garden, but at the end of the driveway where I was trying to grow some flowers. No special mixture of anything, just the dirt that was there when we rented. I think the secret is the worm bin sits next to it, and it's getting lots and lots of compost tea. I have a big bowl to catch the tea, but it's overflowed sometimes.
View attachment 3089 View attachment 3090 View attachment 3091
It will get a lot bigger if it stays healthy. Make sure that you inspect it daily for stink bugs and spray the base of it every week with Bt to stop the vine borers. Has it bloomed yet? I am not positive but I think it is a zucinni. Nice looking plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thanks, Chuck! I wish I knew what kind it is, but labels faded with the sun and by the time I transplanted it, I didn't know what it was. I sure hope it's a zucchini! Today I saw the first bloom :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Either it's pretty big... or you have a very small cat :D

Reaction score
It does look like a huge squash plant! Keep taking care of and I'm sure you will have a lot squashes very soon :) Keep up the great work! PS, your can looks like mine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It does look like a huge squash plant! Keep taking care of and I'm sure you will have a lot squashes very soon :) Keep up the great work! PS, your can looks like mine!
Funny thing is, I've been working more on other plants than this one. I always thought "if it survives, good, if not, no problem". I hope I don't kill it if I start taking good care of it LOL! :LOL:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Once they get going they can very quickly move out and up anything they can get hold of. Had one climb up next doors tree and festoon it in pumpkins, looked like a Christmas Tree :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Another one decided to take a look at the field next door, think it was aiming for the Vegetable show they have there in August

Ask a Question