Is this mushroom or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see these growing in my vegetable patch. This is a raised patch w/ organic soil. Is this harmful for the veggies I'm growing?
Trz2bo

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1492647371369684160429.jpg
    1492647371369684160429.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 225
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3a
Country
Canada
Looks like mushrooms. (a toothed veriety if i'm seeing that picture clearly) most likly came with the mulch. Mycelium can be bennificial to plants and soil. In natrure, it's all over the forest floor. I'm not sure if anyone would be able to tell you if it's harmful or not, 1 thing that could be harmful is the actual mushrooms when they start to break down and decay, depending on the mushroom it could make a real mess. You wouldn't want it touching any main stems in that event as it could cause unwanted growing conditions.

If you like it leave it, if you don't remove it. I'd personaly leave it but that's just me. Understand that by removing the mushrooms, the Mycelium will still be undground .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Omg mushrooms gross me out so much for some reason, they like, aren't even plants, I swear I have a mushroom-phobia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The fungus shown in the OP is an ascomycete cup fungus in the genus Peziza, perhaps Peziza repanda or a similar species.
It is a harmless and useful detritivore do its part to decompose organic mater in the mulch and soil.

Ask a Question