Is this fish emulsion fert. still usable?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I found a bottle of fish emulsion fertilizer that is probably about 5 or 6 years old and was wondering if it is still usable? I would smell it to see it it has gone bad or not but I do not think that would get me anywhere...lol. Thanks all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hi @pointer80, I just ordered liquid Fish Emulsion fertilizer because i could not find it locally. I asked the vendor if the Fish Emulsion comes with an expiry date and he said no expiry date, but normally i can figure it to remain effective for 2 years. The same applies to algae based liquid fertilizers. When the fertilizers arrive tomorrow i have the indelible pen ready to make a note on the bottles. :LOL:I get the joke about smelling it to see if it has gone bad:LOL:, so i have the pen ready.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hello all, I found a bottle of fish emulsion fertilizer that is probably about 5 or 6 years old and was wondering if it is still usable? I would smell it to see it it has gone bad or not but I do not think that would get me anywhere...lol. Thanks all.
of course it is. use it.

Ask a Question