Is this a weed?

Reaction score
The gardens at our new home have many unfamiliar plants to me. They also haven't been maintained in a few years. This plant is sprouting up in a garden full of lily of the valley, and a strawberry patch. I'm not sure if it's a weed or plant worth keeping. Anyone know? Thanks in advance!
10245541_704201016308578_758732629984436730_n.jpg

Reaction score
I have pulled plants that looked like that from my yard. I always assumed it was a weed. Now I'm curious. I'm hoping someone who is a bit more experienced will chime in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have come to prefer the term "wild plant." I suggest you google common wild plants and invasive plants in your area. You might be able to identify it better after/if it flowers. Pull some or most of it to control spread and leave a little growing in case you find out his has value. Check around with the local plant experts at parks and nurseries in your area to see if anyone there can identify it for you. Be sure to let us know the outcome.

Ask a Question