this one here -

Attachments

• 20211222_191533.jpg
    20211222_191533.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Country
United States
This flowering plant (Angiosperm) seedling has pinnately compound, opposite leaves. It has the appearance of a tree seedling.
Look at the trees in your neighborhood and find ones with similar leaves. Note that an adult tree may have more leaflets-per-leaf than this seedling. If you find a likely candidate please do post pics of the tree including close up shots of the leaves and flowers and fruit, if any.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
No, there are no other trees around with this type of leaf . My friend also could not recognize it - he should have known because he s got more than 200 species all grown from seedlings - if it is a tree - then I need to remove it from the flower bed. I'll give it another 2 more weeks- if no flowers - it then gets removed !! 5th January .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Leave it for now so that it can get larger and you can identify it. It can be cut down anytime it truly gets too large.

If you are determined to remove it immediately, at least try to dig it up alive and repot it. Do grow it larger, so you can to identify it.

Removing a plant before identification is a mistake. It could be something very fine and interesting, and in any case, you'll never learn what it was, which retards your own knowledge.

Last edited:

Ask a Question