Is there an App that does this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love to find a gardening app that allows you to pick the veggies you want to plant, and based on your USDA growing zones gives you some sort of alerts as to when to plant indoors, when to move the seedlings outside and plant in the garden.

I've found apps that give you a date range of when to do these things but I don't see anyway to alert you with a text or something saying.. "time to plant onion, leek, and Brussel sprouts seedlings indoors.

thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can these do everything Apps also foretell the weather at your house? Seed packets already tell you when to plant indoors and outdoors. And common sense should tell you that if it is snowing or the ground is frozen it is a tad early to plant outoors. And presuming you know your hardiness zone and you watch your local weather you already know when to plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
actually instead of an app you will find that a lot of websites do that exact thing. Farmers almanac and a lot of seed companies will email you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can these do everything Apps also foretell the weather at your house? Seed packets already tell you when to plant indoors and outdoors. And common sense should tell you that if it is snowing or the ground is frozen it is a tad early to plant outoors. And presuming you know your hardiness zone and you watch your local weather you already know when to plant.
Hi,

thanks for the response. I'm aware of the seed packet planting dates and apps that display when is the correct time/date windows in which to plant. I'm after something that "reminds" me when to plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,

thanks for the response. I'm aware of the seed packet planting dates and apps that display when is the correct time/date windows in which to plant. I'm after something that "reminds" me when to plant.
Wow! You must be super busy. How about a postit note on the fridge. I don't see any seed companies or the almanac keeping track of your local weather.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I always write things on my calendar that I've sown and keep it for the next year and then I can adjust it the following year. It all depends on where you live and when the last frost will be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I hear what your saying @jokerone . I think an app would be handy as well but I've yet to find one I like. Would probably be best of you were able to input dates that correspond to your microclimate rather than listed grow zone. It would also need an extensive plant database. Most only seen to have a few plants and do not cover sub varieties.

I hear all the folks saying use a post it, calander, etc. Some of use are organizationally challenged, so these so thingies are life saver's!

Ask a Question