Is my Moringa tree dying?

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's summer here, and heat is upto 44 degrees.

I am noticing that my Moringa tree which was in very healthy condition now has lost all the leaves. I do not know how to manage it or is it dying?

Attachments

• Moringa 2.jpg
    Moringa 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 313
  • Moringa 1.jpg
    Moringa 1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 278
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its planted too close to that building for one thing, and if you have water drain off your roof on to the ground below, it could hurt the tree. Can you post a photo of the base of the tree going into the ground?

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Its planted too close to that building for one thing, and if you have water drain off your roof on to the ground below, it could hurt the tree. Can you post a photo of the base of the tree going into the ground?
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it is close to the building, but there is no water drain.
The tree was very healthy until we started the summer heat.
Just to give you an idea the diameter of the base tree size is approx 8 inch
Please find requested pictures

Attachments

• 20200618_112555.jpg
    20200618_112555.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200618_112603.jpg
    20200618_112603.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 190
  • 20200618_112607.jpg
    20200618_112607.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 263
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I agree, it's too close to the house, those lower leaves don't seem to be getting full sun. How much water does it get each week? It's not too hot for the tree, but it may need water.

How long has the tree been there and was it planted from a seedling/seed or from a cutting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Another thought....44 degrees is not too hot for a Moringa; however, I wonder about the radiant heat it's receiving from the roof/house structure. ???

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I agree, it's too close to the house, those lower leaves don't seem to be getting full sun. How much water does it get each week? It's not too hot for the tree, but it may need water.

How long has the tree been there and was it planted from a seedling/seed or from a cutting?
We water the plants two times a day, morning and then evening.

I bought this as a tiny cutting plant 2 years ago, so during last summer it was about 3 feet tall, and it lost all the leaves and I thought it was dead, but during the autumn it started with small branches and during the winter & spring I noticed a major growth where it is today close to 15 feet tall.

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Another thought....44 degrees is not too hot for a Moringa; however, I wonder about the radiant heat it's receiving from the roof/house structure. ???
Yes, I agree with you, particularly Moringa trees stay firm during hot climate. It is possible that the tree is getting the head from the house wall / roof that are hard concrete.

I do not know if I should cut the branches now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You may be giving it too much water, but it depends on the type of soil it's in; they are fairly drought tolerant, so you may want to only water it once, twice or three times per week.

The problem with trees grown from cuttings is that they don't produce the robust root systems and don't develop tap roots, like seedlings do and how their root system develops depends a lot on the size of the cutting and how deep it was planted -- generally the larger the cutting and the deeper it was buried is best, but still doesn't develop a tap root like seedlings, meaning they have less access to nutrients in the soil.

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Should I trim the dried branches of the tree now, or wait until the autumn if the tree will grow?

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Update:
I have a good news. I am noticing that the tree started to sprout leaves now. Please look at the attached picture.

I hope that I will just leave as it is until the autumn?

Attachments

• 20200629_152601.jpg
    20200629_152601.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 290

Ask a Question