Is It REALLY Organic?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5a
Country
United States
I have been thinking a lot on this topic. For those of you who are aware of chemtrails, and are using organic seeds, we have to ask ourselves if they really are organic by the time they are harvested. Think about it. If the heavy metals and junk is getting into our soil, is ANYTHING really organic? This has been on my mind the last few days as I just spent a decent amount of money on organic seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh. I was recently thinking about this. Someone posted about how we plant organic seeds, but watered with chemically treated water. However, the water is treated to take out all of the fertilizers that get in it from our fields etc. The government is urging them to add less fluoride. We could use a water filter. We could use rain water barrels (the city tries to charge us for them here, I'm thinking there has to be a way to get out of that right?). My dog prefers rain water and digs herself holes to drink it out of! She's so funny.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
For something to be organic, you have to have a definition of organic that would apply to seeds, farming, foodstuffs, animal husbandry, grains, fields, hay making, etc, etc.

Looking at the definition, we see something altogether different. IE, hemlock, digitalis and arsenic are organic, as is snake venom. All will kill you in a heartbeat (pun intended) and have forever. They are ALL organic - see the picture that is developing?

There is not a single accepted/regulated/meaningful definition of organic as related to foodstuffs. Until there is, paying anything above market is ludicrous. I have personally seen fellows at the farm stand pour potatoes, apples, green beans from a warehouse size bag in to small, elegant baskets labelled organic and he gets three times non-organic prices for run of the mill veggies he BUYS wholesale. He is not even a farmer. I am sure your seeds, although labeled as such, chances are - they are not. Especially not in the way that you hope.

If you believe contrails are affecting your food crops, you are going to have a tough row to hoe, regardless.

Our soil is 100% toxins, manure, chemicals, heavy metal and residue of past critters, animals and likely humanoids going back eons. Luckily our bodies are designed to ingest copious products of that compound, radiation from the most nuclear of items in the universe, the sun, and waste byproducts of millennia of thunderstorms and sweating and such of our fresh water supply.

Call me skeptical, but organic and food crops are oxymoronic. Tin Hat has been removed.

Just what are you expecting when someone uses the "organic" moniker and food stuff? You realize that seeds can not do what seeds do, with out some outside nourishment and the more natural the better, if it is something the seed needs. Worms, bugs, voles, etc all provide nutrients, some are icky - some just plain crap. Some of the most desirable coffee beans in the world pass through the entire digestive tract of critters, yes exit that way. And people still love that organic coffee....and they criticize my cola drink?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have been thinking a lot on this topic. For those of you who are aware of chemtrails, and are using organic seeds, we have to ask ourselves if they really are organic by the time they are harvested. Think about it. If the heavy metals and junk is getting into our soil, is ANYTHING really organic? This has been on my mind the last few days as I just spent a decent amount of money on organic seeds.
You have to ask yourself, is non-organic really bad? All things in nature are chemicals - pure water itself is made up of two chemicals - and it's a solvent. Yes, I don't like the idea of putting massive amounts of chemicals on our foodstuff, but even organic produce uses fertilizers and pesticides - they just happen to be "natural". But if they kill pests, in large enough qualities, they could kill you!

Unfortunately, in our modern world, at least in the US, we are surrounded by chemicals, not just in chemtrails, but in everything - plastic bottles, acid rain, nuclear power from the sun, emissions for cars, power plants, HVAC units, etc. Also, if you live in an area with farming, your land and groundwater is going to contain the chemicals they use.

There's just no way to get away from these things in our world today. Chemtrails are the least of our worries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You have to ask yourself, is non-organic really bad? All things in nature are chemicals - pure water itself is made up of two chemicals - and it's a solvent. Yes, I don't like the idea of putting massive amounts of chemicals on our foodstuff, but even organic produce uses fertilizers and pesticides - they just happen to be "natural". But if they kill pests, in large enough qualities, they could kill you!

Unfortunately, in our modern world, at least in the US, we are surrounded by chemicals, not just in chemtrails, but in everything - plastic bottles, acid rain, nuclear power from the sun, emissions for cars, power plants, HVAC units, etc. Also, if you live in an area with farming, your land and groundwater is going to contain the chemicals they use.

There's just no way to get away from these things in our world today. Chemtrails are the least of our worries.
You are right. We cannot get away from all of the chemicals. They only things we can do is plant organic and eat non-processed foods. Pay attention to the types of products you used in your beauty routines and hope for they best.

Reaction score
I honestly do not feel that when we purchase organic that its really all organic. I have heard and read somewhere that in order for them to classify something as organic that it only has to be a certain percent organic. In other words fruit and vegetables do not have to be 100% organic.

Reaction score
I say I garden naturally. I really don't like the term organic, it's become so commercialized. I try to do the best I can, but the people around me use all kinds of chemicals and they get into my yard. It sucks, and there is nothing I can do about it.

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's not an all or nothing proposition. We can move towards what is more natural, what is purer to form, what is healthier.

Creating your own soil is helpful, creating your own compost from worm castings, from fruits and vegetables from the garden, is helpful, growing from seed is helpful. Each step we take helps, and as time goes on you will have more natural, less contaminated, soil, seeds and plants.

As for water, you can create a basic filter very easily, to filter out the flouride and chlorine. There are clay and sandstone filters, which have been used for over a 1000 years. Bone char or charcoal can also be used. Most people filter their water any way, esp. if they make use of rain barrels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I think the term organic refers to being natural. That means no chemical fertilizer was used on the plants, not even chemical insecticides. Being organic is the natural growing of plants - vegetables and fruits - regardless of the contaminants in the soil. When there is chemical in the soil, the plants would not thrive. And in farms, the soil is maintained to be clean otherwise they will have a poor harvest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's not an all or nothing proposition. We can move towards what is more natural, what is purer to form, what is healthier.

Creating your own soil is helpful, creating your own compost from worm castings, from fruits and vegetables from the garden, is helpful, growing from seed is helpful. Each step we take helps, and as time goes on you will have more natural, less contaminated, soil, seeds and plants.

As for water, you can create a basic filter very easily, to filter out the flouride and chlorine. There are clay and sandstone filters, which have been used for over a 1000 years. Bone char or charcoal can also be used. Most people filter their water any way, esp. if they make use of rain barrels.

I use rain barrels to do most of my watering, the only trouble is that all the junk that's in the air doesn't help, the stuff we use on our roofs is full of chemical, but its still better than using city water full of crap. I plan on adding more water barrels next year to cut down on using city water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would be hard to define what is organic in these days, since everything has a bit of "non-organic" elements to them. I guess, we can try to go as far back as we can to find out how organic the seeds really are.

Ask a Question