Is it bad that my sister is using pesticides in her greenhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My sister has a small greenhouse and I noticed a sprayer with pesticides in it. I assume she's using it in the green house. Is that bad? We have a well about 200 feet away. Our neighbor has a well too but im not sure how far away its located.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My sister has a small greenhouse and I noticed a sprayer with pesticides in it. I assume she's using it in the green house. Is that bad? We have a well about 200 feet away. Our neighbor has a well too but im not sure how far away its located.

How do you know that she is using pesticides? I use a sprayer to apply different things in my garden and none of them involve pesticides.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you know that she using pesticides? I use a sprayer to apply different things in my garden and none of them involve pesticides.
I dont know she's using pesticides, but im frankly too afraid to ask her. Let's assume it is pesticides. Should I then be worried?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I dont know she's using pesticides, but im frankly too afraid to ask her. Let's assume it is pesticides. Should I then be worried?
Not unless she pours the stuff down your well. Home pesticides have a short life span and is most dangerous when inhaled. If you have ever eaten fresh vegetables from a grocery store you have probably eaten pesticide. And perhaps she is using organic pesticides which are safe in any circumstance.

Ask a Question