Is epipremnum aureum poisonous?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Bit confused, is epipremnum aureum poisonous for animals (fish, cat, dog, etc)?
money-plant.jpg

I have a small aquarium with fish (mollies, red zebra danio and Black tetra) with a 12'' inch long fluorescent tube and internal filter, only small stones and shells without soil substrate.
I am planning to grow devil's ivy vines with roots inside the aquarium.
money-plant6.jpg

Question : does devil's ivy has toxic effect on animals ?

epipremnum aureum is also known as golden pothos, hunter's robe, ivy arum, money plant, silver vine, Solomon Islands ivy, devil's vine, devil's ivy, taro vine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hi, @Rajesh Sethi !
My cat ate one sheet of Adenium. He's got a nose swelling. I showed him to the vet. Luckily, all ended well. However, the vet gave me a list of plants potentially dangerous for the cat. Epipremnum also placed in this list as a plant, which can cause diarrhea. It does not deadly for the cat, but I do not want the cat's diarrhea in my house.
Now, however, my cat does not touch my plants. :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had Betta fish for years with pothos in the water, no problems.

No clue whether there's toxicity irt dogs or cats. I have both but they are utterly uninterested in eating vegetable matter, so it's never been an issue in 40+ years of pet ownership.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just to be on the safe side, I would talk to some one at a aquarium shop that deals with plants for your tank. I'm running 4 aquarium right now and getting ready to set up a new tank with in a few weeks, I don't use live plants because of the up keep they need.But a planted tank can be really nice if you don't mind the work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Just to be on the safe side, I would talk to some one at a aquarium shop that deals with plants for your tank. I'm running 4 aquarium right now and getting ready to set up a new tank with in a few weeks, I don't use live plants because of the up keep they need.But a planted tank can be really nice if you don't mind the work.

I had water lilies and lotus both are heavy feeder, though in winter they underwent dormancy now its an algal boom tank, so to control that I need some other plants to absorb the nutrition from water,

Ask a Question