Is a long dead Christmas tree growing back?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

A number of years ago we had a mini Christmas tree that we would bring in for the holidays. The tree eventually died but we decorated it with lights to keep as a garden feature.

Well today I was outside and saw this sprouting from the pot it's in.

Is the tree growing back? Or is this an unrelated seedling? (and if so, what?)

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_150356.jpg
    IMG_20210624_150356.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 56
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We think that your pine tree may possibly have left a seed or two from a fallen cone and this one has germinated. It would be a good idea to carefully take it from there and put it in it's own pot. When it grows up you might have a nice new green Christmas tree - woopy do!!!!!:happy:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We think that your pine tree may possibly have left a seed or two from a fallen cone and this one has germinated. It would be a good idea to carefully take it from there and put it in it's own pot. When it grows up you might have a nice new green Christmas tree - woopy do!!!!!:happy:

Oh that's lovely! We had this little tree for years and we were quite attached to it when it died. We had even named it

We'll move this little seedling over. Amazing it grew at all since our tree died about two years ago!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Self sown pine tree seeds usually have the best chance of germinating, and they can do their bit after three or four weeks, or lay dormant for several years. It would be sensible to think of this as a living plant that, when grown, will be very stressed if taken from the cold outside to the living room for tinsel and rubbish to be thrown all over it. It has more chance of survival in its own simple glory outside.

I`m all in favour of a plastic tree (especially a recycled one) that can be used as decoration and reused year after year. Leave the living one to live - whatever name you call it :giggle:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Self sown pine tree seeds usually have the best chance of germinating, and they can do their bit after three or four weeks, or lay dormant for several years. It would be sensible to think of this as a living plant that, when grown, will be very stressed if taken from the cold outside to the living room for tinsel and rubbish to be thrown all over it. It has more chance of survival in its own simple glory outside.

I`m all in favour of a plastic tree (especially a recycled one) that can be used as decoration and reused year after year. Leave the living one to live - whatever name you call it :giggle:
I'm a fan of plastic trees too, but at the time my partner preferred live (I've since won him over!)
This little one, should it survive, will be kept outside full time.

Ask a Question