Interplanting guide?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't have a lot of space and have planted some of my garden but I was wondering what could be interplanted.

Currently I have out:

tomatoes
peppers
cucumbers
summer squash
Eggplant

I'm looking to get the most bang I can from my soil. I read about interplanting beans with corn and wondering if there is other combinations that work with these plants. I'm also looking to plant some beans around the porch and just anything I can do to maximize what I can get from the space I have

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Back when I was a kid I remember my dad planting pole beans on the south side of the house. He put a bunch of eye screws into the eaves of the house and ran string down to the ground. It really helped keep the house cool and I remember having to climb a ladder to pick them. This was way before AC.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
You can plant 6 or 8 cornstalks in a big circle and once established interplant with pole beans. They will climb the corn, you can tie the corn tops into a teepee when they're tall enough. Scarlett runner beans are great, so are blue lake.

Basil is a good companion for every thing you named.

Ask a Question