insects

Reaction score
Do you have insect problems in your garden? If so what are you doing to repel them and is it a natural?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No problems apart from snails so far this year :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Every year, I have problems with spider mites. They're nasty and they try to eat my miniature roses:mad:
The best method to get rid of them is to wash your plants with water, black tea or with dish soap:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do you have insect problems in your garden? If so what are you doing to repel them and is it a natural?
In my experience a totally organic garden has many fewer insects to begin with. This year the only insects I had were juvenile stinkbugs which I quickly dispatched and 2 tomato hornworms. I haven't even had any spider mites yet, but then I spray early and often with liquid seaweed.

Reaction score
Yes it is true about the organic garden having fewer insects. My main enemy would be slugs, this year hasn't been too problematic with them. Every few years I will get a bumper crop of them but this year it has been good.

Reaction score
Not sure if ants count as pests or not. Well I did have ants, but the middle of my garden as I discovered has a large nest of Prey Mantis. They must have just hatched as the babies are so small. I doubt I will have any issue with bugs in my garden. Minions attack!

Reaction score
When I had a vegie garden, I planted marigolds among the vegetable plants. Insects did not the the smell of the leaves or the flowers. My mom used to plant garlic in her vegie garden because she said burrowing creatures did not like the smell plus she used a lot of garlic. She also put down pie pans of beer for slugs, they were attracted to it and climbed in and drowned. None of the things were harmful to the plants or our pets.

Ask a Question