Insect identifying help

Reaction score
Country
United States
On my tomato plant, I have these white little insects; what are they, and how can I treat for them?
IMG_20220712_131040_734.jpg

On my pumpkin plant, I have these lil' guys; what are they, and how do I treat for them?

IMG_20220712_131050_884.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
On the tomato plant we really need a better closeup photo to be able with 100% certainty to ID them but, we don't need that to kill them safely and effectively. Just use a spinosad based insecticide such as Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew or Monterrey Garden Insect Killer. On the Pumpkin you have what are called hard scale or armored scale insects. The best way to kill them is by smothering them, blocking off their oxygen supply and the oil in Neem does this effectively.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And I would spray the entire plant with the Neem twice, about 5-7 days apart. Even when the scale insects are dead they will not fall off of the plant. They are attached and you will damage the plants epidermis if you try to scrape them off. As the plant grows and expands it will force the dead scale off.

Ask a Question