Infusing herbs

Reaction score
I infused pepermint leaves, lavender, and calendula flowers in sunflower oil. The peppermint came out fine, the calendula flowers are not done yet and the lavender didn't really smell strong to me so I decanted them and started over. Is it best to infuse herbs in the summer? why or why not? Once the oils are done how should they be stored?

Reaction score
When you infuse herbs you can use them in cooking.. I would love to use pepper mint oil with meats.. When you infuse calendula you can use it for wound healing. Lavender could be used a a room refreshner..
When you have a lot of herbs and cannot store them infuse them and use them for cooking. This is what I do. I really do not know if there are other uses.
I love to use lemon grass as a re-freshener in my wash rooms. The smell lingers on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I really want to make some rosemary infused oil, at the moment my rosemary plants are too small to take too much off so I'm going to wait for them to bush out a bit. How long did you leave the calendula and lavendar to infuse for?

Ask a Question