Indoor yucca help please/ dying yucca

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hoping someone can help, had this plant a few months and it’s been great yesterday I noticed one side of my yucca had completely drooped, and today the other side has now dropped, Any advice welcome, I’m not a gardener but decided to try a few house plants to bring a bit of colour to my home. Is the plant dying and cannot be revived? normally does sit by window, watered last week and soil is still damp. Thankyou

73F14F24-6055-4177-9E18-35214D0C7BDE.jpeg2ADE30D1-1873-43DD-8A28-841083D4047F.jpeg

8E7EE86C-D520-42FB-82BC-9F46590DD632.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, welcome to the Forum.

Does your plant have good drainage. Is the plant sitting in a puddle of water? If so take it out and let the soil drain, do not let it sit in a saucer of water. Water again only when the surface of the soil looks dry. When you do water either bring the plant to a sink or immediately drain the saucer or cache pot after watering.

Light levels should be between full sun and bright indirect light.

If the plant starts to look healthy again, give it occasional doses of a complete general purpose fertilizer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou for replying, it’s not sitting in any water and there is drainage holes in the pot, I’ve not watered for a week and soil still feels damp. I’ll try some fertilizer if it does start to look healthier, can you suggest anything in the meantime? Thanks again

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would tip the plant out of the pot and examine the roots. Do they look healthy? Is the soil in the pot moist but well drained? If the answer is no to either or both questions, then re-pot with partial soil replacement and water in the new soil. After that, put it in bright indirect light and do not water it again until the soil surface looks dry.

Ask a Question