Indoor Vs Outdoor Plants

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I find that i am more into outdoor plants than i am with indoor.

I always go to some places and see lovely plants on the inside and i always inquire of them the steps they take to maintain these plants as most times they never go out to see the sun and they are in AC conditions. I know that it is not a good practice to have plants inside as it may alter your oxygen level as they do respire just as we do, maybe this is my reason for preferring outdoor plants over indoor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
On the contrary many plants improve the quality of the air inside our homes or offices. The difficult part of keeping plants indoors is seeing that they have the conditions that are best for their health, with light requirements being particularly tricky. And as I've learned from my time growing bonsai trees, some species cannot survive indoors.

Here's a link to an article about some plants that are good to keep indoors: "15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm moving to a new apartment in a few days. I won't have a garden there.
Fortunately, I love indoor plants:D All my beautiful miniature roses grow in pots in my room. They make a wonderful decoration and smell really sweet.

Reaction score
Fortunately, I love indoor plants:D All my beautiful miniature roses grow in pots in my room. They make a wonderful decoration and smell really sweet.
Well Claudine even though you wont have a garden at your new apartment there is still hope as you can take along all your miniature roes with you been that they're all potted. I wish for prosperity and peace of mind to go with you to your new place of dwelling.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Miniature roses sound so pretty and cute. I never heard of them, I only know roses. I’m glad you get to bring flowers inside your apartment. I think it’s better than having no plant at all.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I read that indoor plants improve the oxygen circulation inside the house and purifies air, they also release moisture vapor that increase humidity in the air which keeps respiratory distress at bay. I guess as long as they have enough sunlight and water, they’ll be fine. They are very pretty to look at too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Miniature roses sound so pretty and cute. I never heard of them, I only know roses. I’m glad you get to bring flowers inside your apartment. I think it’s better than having no plant at all.
Thank you:) Miniature roses look like regular roses, they're just smaller. I like them, because they look really lovely:love: I want to have many of them in my new apartment:D

Reaction score
Country
United States
On the contrary many plants improve the quality of the air inside our homes or offices. The difficult part of keeping plants indoors is seeing that they have the conditions that are best for their health, with light requirements being particularly tricky. And as I've learned from my time growing bonsai trees, some species cannot survive indoors.

Here's a link to an article about some plants that are good to keep indoors: "15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality".

This link was exactly what I was hoping to find this morning as I'm hoping to add a couple more plants indoors soon. I love having indoor plants and I, too, seem to do better with indoor ones versus outdoor. I had a spider plant for years and years that my mother actually started for me from one she's had for as long as I could remember. Unfortunately, it didn't survive our last move, so I'll have to have my mom start a new one for me. There a few other plants in this list I am thinking of trying as well, but I have to make sure they are pet friendly too. My cats don't normally make a habit of chewing on plants, but I don't want to press my luck!

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow, a gardener to the bones, you are! I hope you grow miniature roses in your room as many as you can!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, a gardener to the bones, you are! I hope you grow miniature roses in your room as many as you can!
Thank you:D I don't have any plants in my new apartment yet, but I will start buying them soon. I want orchids:love: As for my beloved miniature roses, I will bring them here as soon as they start growing. It's winter in Poland, so they're dormant now.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Claudine I wish you much success with your move. I know you will have your new plants in your as soon as you can, when you are use to having the plants to look at and care for and they are missing it is like a little part of you is missing also. Please share your pictures when you get your new plants in your new home.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Indoor plants are never going to use very much co2 or release a large amount of oxygen.

I prefer outdoor plants that are not in containers as I am usually the one who ends up watering everything.o_O

The air quality improvement I have noticed is that they are en excellent place to store dust until they need to be cleaned.

Last edited:

Ask a Question