Indoor plant suggestions

Reaction score
I'm looking for plant suggestions for my tiny, low light apartment. I love plants--especially big, leafy ones, but they don't seem to love me back. Any advice for plants that would fare well in this environment?

Reaction score
I think I have several suggestion you could find useful:

Peperonia

Starr_080117-2126_Peperomia_sp..jpg

Chinese Evergreen

houseplants-care-chinese-money-tree.jpg

Dieffenbachia

dieffenbachia2-360.jpg

Snake Plant

100834457.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

Philodendron

100491878.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

Arrowhead Vine

100491871.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

Reaction score
I hope you like my suggestions :) Most of those plants require low to middle light and make perfect indoors plants. So I think you will find what you're looking for here :) If you would like more suggestions, then let me know!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
How about Kalanchoes? They don't need much light and they look really pretty:

kalanchoe-buds1.jpg

Reaction score
Philodendron is a good one as are spider plants. They are durable, not terribly fussy and cuttings root quickly. Spathophilium (Peace Lily) is another one as are a number of the ivies. Plenty of durable houseplants are out there that meet your criteria.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My suggestion is also a snake plant, my daughter who is not a plant person has not been able to do harm to her snake plant. I often have to remind her to give the poor plant some light, she likes to stick the poor plant in a corner where the light is very poor. Snake plants are very strong and durable.

Reaction score
The Cast Iron plant, Aspidistra elatoir, is a very good candidate and that I suggest you give it a try.

It is a very hardy plant (as the common name implies) and it tolerates very low light conditions. As for watering, this plant does not need to be water excessively. As for myself, I do rather keep it on the dry side.

The only set back that I foresee, is that it might be difficult at times to find it in garden centres. Unfortunately this plant has been out of fashion in these last few years.

Ask a Question