Indoor gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love these indoor gardens, Trellum. The second one is beyond gorgeous. I'd love to have something like this in my house, I'd sit there on rainy days and I'd feel perfectly happy listening to raindrops hitting windows:)

This garden is enormous:

Longwood_Gardens_conservatory_atrium.jpg

Reaction score
That's so beautiful, claudine! I can tell it must have took them very long to build it. I always wonder how many people have this kind of gardens inside their mansions, hehehe. I'm really guessing most people who have them must use professional help to keep them the way they are, after all they are a luxury, but I guess we can have one in the future, at least a small one ;) But you know what I have always wanted in my house? A skylight! I would put most of mt houseplants there and who knows... maybe I'd later use it to create an indoors garden ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A skylight sounds great!:D
Have you watched Green Card with Andie MacDowell and Gerard Depardieu? The main character, Bronte, rented an apartment with an indoor garden and a rooftop garden. It was beyond gorgeous. It's my dream to live in a place like this
Here are two pictures from the movie:

greencard-11.jpg

Reaction score
OMG!!!!! No, I haven't watched this film, but it looks lovely just like most 90's films :love: That small indoor garden looks like something we could both do one day ;)(y) Don't you love the films from the 90's as well? They all have a ''Je ne se quoi'' feeling to them, I miss seeing Andy MacDowel in movies, she has aged very gracefully! Lovely indoor garden idea :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Green Card definitely has a ''je ne se quoi'' feeling to it!:D I can't express enough how much I like this movie, I watched it more times than I can count. So I highly recommend it:D. Bronte's indoor garden is more than lovely, you must see it! It's magical. If I found an apartment like this, I'd do anything to buy it:love:

Reaction score
I would love to have a place big enough to allow for an indoor garden! Can you imagine the wonderful smells and the fresher air we'd breathe? It would be awesome!

Reaction score
Great news!!!! I found the film on Youtube :love: I will definitely watch it today, since I love everything that has something to do with the 90's :love::love:(y)(y) I'm on minute 1 and already liking it :D I will pay attention to that indoors garden ;) I will let you know tomorrow :):LOL:(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Swwetkymom - yes, it would be awesome:) It would be like a dream come true!
Trellum - I hope you'll like it:) I didn't know that it's available on YouTube. I'll watch it today, too:) I'll never get bored with it, it's such a lovely story. And Bronte's indoor garden is the most beautiful garden in the whole world:)

Reaction score
Maddie, this is more than beautiful. I'd love to have a glass house like this only for myself:D
I want to share some more pictures that I've found:

0525_suppose01.jpg

indoor-garden-bedroom-decor-and-natural-design-ideas-in-Llove-hotel-tokyo.jpg

I like the somewhat Japanese zen garden aesthetic of these smaller indoor gardens. The other ones pictured are too big and fancy for me and I wouldn't be comfortable living with something that grand. I like humble, comfortable surroundings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like the somewhat Japanese zen garden aesthetic of these smaller indoor gardens. The other ones pictured are too big and fancy for me and I wouldn't be comfortable living with something that grand. I like humble, comfortable surroundings.
I'm just the opposite. I feel that I'd be perfectly happy if I could live in an enormous and beautiful palace with at least three indoor gardens and a big garden outside:love: The fancier it would be, the better. I wish I was a princess:D
On the other hand, I dream of living in the apartment from the Green Card, which is not very big.

Reaction score
I would love a large indoor garden if I could take care of it. There are definitely some gorgeous pictures out there. I'm afraid mine wouldn't do very well, though.

Reaction score
I would love an indoor garden. All of the posted pictures are gorgeous. The interesting thing is the pictures in this thread are a variety of styles, some of which I generally don't like...the minimalist type gardens, but I would love to have any of them. I can't help but think that if you have an indoor garden your entire house must smell amazing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I would love to have an indoor garden, or even just lots of lights so i could fill my house with more plants.
The movie "almost like heaven" also has an awesome roof garden in it, plus it is just the greatest movie ! I have watched it several times, and it is one of those movies that is always good , no matter how many times you watch it.

There is a house called the Earthship, and it is built from recycled tires, and other used materials. The earthship is a completely self-sufficient home, and features solar heat, and an inside garden room. It is actually very affordable to build one, and if you look them up on the internet, there are a lot of different styles and prices.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I heard of earthships before and I really, really like them:) It's such a wonderful idea to build an eco-friendly, self-sufficient house. I didn't know that some of them have indoor gardens. It makes them even more interesting:) I'm not sure if I could live in a place like this though, I'm so used to regular houses.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
These pictures are so beautiful I am left speechless. It would be nice to have an indoor garden to keep the plants and flowers year round.

Ask a Question