Indoor gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello! What do you think about indoor gardens - not only containers but the whole gardens? I think it looks wonderful, like in a fairy tale, I'd love to have a garden like this. Of course you probably can have one only if you live in a palace but it's nice to dream...:D
Here are some beautiful pictures that I've come across and want to share:

Indoor-gardening-design.jpg

garden.jpg

Reaction score
Obviously such a garden would require a lot of sunlight, that's why the building in your pics has a glass ceiling - to let light in.
I probably wound't have an indoor garden in my ordinary home, what about all kinds of pests and your house getting all moldy from the humidity, huh. :)

Reaction score
Hmm .. I wish I had that kind of space... okay that is asking for too much .. I wish I had a little more growing space... LOL I could have more pots. at least..Lovely pictures and lovely glass house too.. I found some pictures of our local glass house and here they are

GlassHouse.JPG

flower_show.jpg

Reaction score
You can get something similar though not as grand if you build a sun room onto your house. Of course that would cut into your outdoor garden, but so what? You can set up a table and chaise lounge, get some pet hummingbirds, the possibilities seem endless.

Reaction score
I think you should create a mini garden... It doesn't really take so much space!
If you google "japanese miniature garden" you will be presented with many wonderful examples.
Bonsai trees look especially beautiful in such settings. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, this is more than beautiful. I'd love to have a glass house like this only for myself:D
I want to share some more pictures that I've found:

dMNfTn.jpg

0525_suppose01.jpg

indoor-garden-bedroom-decor-and-natural-design-ideas-in-Llove-hotel-tokyo.jpg

Indoor-Vegetable-Gardening.jpg

Reaction score
Wow spectacular! I wish I could have one like. Those purple flowers are wonderful. They remind me of the Jacaranda in bloom.. It would be lovely to have a jacaranda in a glass house.. though for most part of the year it would remain plain leafy. I love those Jacaranda trees, they are so beautiful in bloom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
If I could build an ideal garden at home, not just have plants in containers, I would create a fernery. I saw a photo of one years ago and have been in love ever since. I'd like to have an entire room filled with a variety of ferns.

images
images

images

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love ferns too! I have a lot of them in my garden, for sure I'd also grow them in my dream indoor garden. They're so delicate - they look almost like they were made of green paper...or paper lace - when you look closer at them, they're so detailed. So beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yes, they are beautiful and there are so many different varieties. They are one of the plants that are supposed to be really good at helping to clean the air. I have some wild ones growing outside that I would like to relocate, but I have never been successful in doing that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have wild ferns in my garden too. They seem to grow everywhere, they don't need anything special and they're always beautiful:D . Perfect plants:p
I've found some more interesting pictures:

Fernery.jpg

small-garden-in-the-house-indoor-garden-3.jpg

344621717_e9f86f4318.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have wild ferns in my garden too. They seem to grow everywhere, they don't need anything special and they're always beautiful:D . Perfect plants:p

small-garden-in-the-house-indoor-garden-3.jpg

The fernery photos were great, but this space is so cool! How awesome to be able to bring a little of the outdoors inside by making a little yard under a skylight! You could enjoy all of the benefits without any of the pest problems!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The fernery photos were great, but this space is so cool! How awesome to be able to bring a little of the outdoors inside by making a little yard under a skylight! You could enjoy all of the benefits without any of the pest problems!

Yes, and you don't have to worry about neighbours watching you:p . I'd love to have a place like this, it's beautiful and I'm sure I could relax there. Also, it looks so interesting!:D

Reaction score
The indoor gardens in the first post look just gorgeous! I think having an indoor garden, at least a big one is a real luxury, but they are nice to see. Being realistic I know I will never have one of those gardens in my life! But they are very nice to see, I admire those who keep them beautiful and healthy.

Ask a Question