Indoor Garden Questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there, I live in an apartment and have no ground to grow my plants in. I've been growing my plants indoors in a germination tray and testing out a bag method I've found online.

I am growing Sunflowers, Winter Aconite, Aloe Vera, coneflower, Marigolds, Lavender, BellPeppers, Violets, And Starting some Blue Lotus.

Now the goal of this is to grow a indoor living medicine cabinent that is edible. I know the aconites not edible but I'm having trouble growing my lavender and some of my plants i think are sunburned.

I recently put a bag of lavender seeds with a wet paper towel in a fridge and there giving a awesome scent. Does this mean that they need to be chilled in order to grow?

Also I want to start up some strawberries and maybe tomatos. Do you have to let the seeds dry out? or can you plant them right away?

Last, All this is being started with less then 5 feet and very small quantities outside of my marigolds and bellpeppers. I have about 8 bellpepper plants growing great, and 70 lil marigolds growing and about 3 or 4 starting to blossom. Is it possible to grow a few stalks of corn and wheat to test some homemade grinding out as well? I'm really curious to get into primitive foods and stuff with out having to buy it all the time.

If this is so, could any of you recommend to me what kind of wheat is similar to white bread? the stuff for italian bread?

Also I have been wanting to make a hand soap from flowers. Would a Coneflower, and Marigold blend work good together? I don't want to use glycerin or other things out side of the Zinc Oxide and Bentonite clay that I already have. Also I really want to start making my own soap too for general use. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Ask a Question