Indoor Garden Pest and Diseases

ziskasun

A seed once sown never dies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have an indoor garden but it is not a real greenhouse, it is a pool/jacuzzi room. It is surrounded on three sides by sliding glass doors and makes a very nice "greenhouse." I have noticed that something is eating a few of my tomato leaves. I can't imagine what insect has gotten in that room...The sliding doors are partially open but the screens are kept closed except when I go in or out. I'm not sure it is an insect since its only 1-2 leaves. Maybe it's more likely to be a sickness or can leaves just naturally get little holes and there's nothing really wrong?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have an indoor garden but it is not a real greenhouse, it is a pool/jacuzzi room. It is surrounded on three sides by sliding glass doors and makes a very nice "greenhouse." I have noticed that something is eating a few of my tomato leaves. I can't imagine what insect has gotten in that room...The sliding doors are partially open but the screens are kept closed except when I go in or out. I'm not sure it is an insect since its only 1-2 leaves. Maybe it's more likely to be a sickness or can leaves just naturally get little holes and there's nothing really wrong?
There is something going on. Being as how we are not mind readers a picture or two would give us a clue as to the problem. BTW most diseases don't leave holes in the leaves. You would be surprised at the number of pests can invade a house or greenhouse or Jacuzzi room. Some of them can actually go through a screen door.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think it's most likely some sort of bug. Have you closely inspected the soil and the undersides of the leaves?

I get bugs in my house. Spiders mostly...but if there is a spider, it's finding something to eat (other insects.) :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think it's most likely some sort of bug. Have you closely inspected the soil and the undersides of the leaves?

I get bugs in my house. Spiders mostly...but if there is a spider, it's finding something to eat (other insects.) :)
unless spider mites

Ask a Question