important question

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
hello everyone - hope you`ll had a better last 2 weeks in the garden than me and my wife [ long story ] - anyway this is my 1st. year growing muscadine grapes <---- spelt wrong - i know i have to prune the vines down to nothing but i was told you prune when the water in the vine drops and there is no fluid in the vines can some one tell me when in the season do i do this -

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
I would suggest after harvesting grapes when leaves are starting to look like they are tired and going to drop, I'm not an expert on fruit growing in the USA so someone else may tell you slightly different but it seems fairly obvious that you can't prune before this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The very very end of the growing season where you live. When the plant is spent for the season and no new growth is going to happen for the next few months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How old and how large is the vine? Google pruned grape vine pictures. This will give you a good idea of what to do. You just don't cut the vine down to nothing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ok the pictures i got are all vines that are a few yrs. old mine is at the end of it`s 1st. season - does anyone live in N.C. with grape vines ???

Ask a Question