Important-Designing a hydroponic herb garden

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello everyone!
I am a senior product design student in Istanbul and i am designing an indoor hydroponic garden for growing edible herbs at home. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for me about the system, growing mediums (substrates), the maintanence of the herbs(I am planning on growing thym, mint, oregano, sage, rosemary and marjoram) and what hydroponic system is better for these herbs. Also, if you have anything that comes to your mind i will be glad to hear it!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

The herbs you mention will all want sun or very bright light and well-drained conditions. Will these plant receive sunlight or will they be lit by artificial lights? Also, why have you decided you want a hydroponic set-up rather than a conventional container plantings?

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Thank you!
I was planning to offer artificial lights as an add-on, leaving the choice to the user. I decided to use a hydroponic setup because in my country, I did not actually see any hydroponic products in my market research, and since it is a system that is more eco-friendly because it needs 20x less water (which can also be reused in the system) and it is more efficient. Lastly, which is my favourite, you can grow your herbs year round because the heat is controlled by you :)

Ask a Question