I'm at a disadvantage

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Because of where I live we more than likely will not have any leaves turn before October 20 which will make my Autmun photo entry look pretty lame. Oh to live north of the dixie line for a week or two.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks like our usual and gorgeous fall foliage is going to be a disappointment this year. Many of the leaves are just crumbling up, turning brown and falling off...but, I am still hopeful.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I couldn't agree more Ian; I dashed out this morning and worked like someone possessed just to shred a pile of brash before the heavy rain hit us; do UK thermometers read as high as 28C? Two days at 25C (dreaming) in high summer has our local water supply company screaming "Standpipes".

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
· Today
After a dry start to the day, cloud will build through the morning with showery outbreaks of rain developing. This will be heaviest in the west, whilst many eastern areas will remain largely dry. Becoming windy.

· Tonight
Rain will continue for much of then light, becoming heavy at times and accompanied by strong winds. Towards dawn the rain will mostly ease, with clear spells developing.

Are there any differences between drizzle and rain; as I shredded this morning I was buffeted by horizontal drizzle and felt perished on the exposed valley side. I want to do so much in the garden but being wet; cold and blown about isn't my idea of enjoyment and becoming windy is just a joke. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
With the warm weather I don't see much hope for lots of fall color this year. With highs in the upper 70s f to the low 80s f all the leaves are doing is drying up and falling.The nights are still warm running around 45f.

Ask a Question