ILEX CRENATA HELP.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, loving the forum,great to be here thanks for adding me. Had my ilex crenata for a year or so now been fine, but leaves now starting to fall off daily, I have quite a few container plants but this one is my favourite, also quite new to gardening but really enjoy it, any help greatly appreciated thanks.
20210622_065902.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Andy, they don`t grow that shape all on their own :unsure: are you sure you didn't get the shears out and give this a clipping?

If not, and the leaves fall off on their own the plant could be stressed. I think it would probably like it best if it was planted in the ground maybe.

Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply Tetters,no, didn't take the shears to it lol,but maybe take it out plant it,thanks for your help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another thought is this... it is normal for evergreen plants (such as holly) to sometimes drop leaves, and your plant may just be making room for some nice new growth. Either way, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another thought is this... it is normal for evergreen plants (such as holly) to sometimes drop leaves, and your plant may just be making room for some nice new growth. Either way, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Ok Tetters thanks again, hope its just that then,will sleep better now lol

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question