If you want true value for a long time to come???

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Im very lucky and i know it, Im of good health for my age and im wide awake ref value from gardening ,
Hence I'd like to pass on some advice ref fruit tree's bushes etc,
As im writing this ive 34 verious fruit tree's/ bushes all simply planted and cheaply bought over the years and all not only provide most of our fruit needs for the table but also help fill the freezer's with verious crumbles/fruit pies/ and the work shop shelf with all kinds of jam's (jellies for usa readers) chutneys etc,

Take Apple/pear/cherry trees, for cost of even todays prices you'll have within a year or two fruit for as long as you want
Fruit tree"s like rose bushes can last for 100yrs believe it or not,
Ive apple / pear trees in this garden that we're here 16 years ago when i bought the place and the house had been empty for 25yrs pre us buying it thats 36 years at least these tree's have been producing food both for the human side of life and the wild life,
You can get trees of all sizes big and small , i offten pick a plum or peach as im driving the lawn mower past these trees (thats what you call fresh fruit and hand picked,) (y)

If you've the space ,? And you want a good value supply of fruit ? Fruit trees really are true value for money.;)

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I'll second that emotion! Even though my climate provides very low chilling hours, there are great fruit trees that will produce here. I've got pear trees over 1/2 century old and still producing great. My plums are famous locally for the jelly they make. Grapes are abundant!!

They are all bargains.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Meadowlark,
And thanks for your reply,
Its nice infact great to be able to just walk outside and share the fruits off the trees with nature and enjoy our own efforts,
Nice to hear from you :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
In November the persimmons are ripe and I pick them to eat as I clean up fall leaves. There will be no leaves on the tree just orange persimmons and it is a very fall festive thing to see.

Ask a Question