If you remove the flowers from plants which come by post will it help stop wilting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
I received this gerbera daisy by post it came in great health but it wilted badly over the course of a week and is now dead, I know that if you remove flowers from plants that you're transplanting it helps it to get established so would this help to establish plants which come by post too? Or would it not matter, I don't really want to remove any flowers unnecessarily

Attachments

• 20201116_125948.jpg
    20201116_125948.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
Also I had it beside another gerbera daisy in a west facing bedroom windowsill and its doing fine so I don't think the lighting or humidity was the problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I live in zone 7b and put my Gerbera Daisies in the garage every winter. In the spring they look just like yours. I cut everything back to about 1/2” in the spring. In a few weeks the look just fine. Trim yours back and it will probably be fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9-10a
Country
United Kingdom
I live in zone 7b and put my Gerbera Daisies in the garage every winter. In the spring they look just like yours. I cut everything back to about 1/2” in the spring. In a few weeks the look just fine. Trim yours back and it will probably be fine.

Ok thanks, I'm growing them as houseplants to flower through the winter

Ask a Question