If You Have a Mouse Problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
This can be a effective catch and release method, but the release is to mouse heaven so please give them a nice burial.

The method is allow access to your air conditioner cooling unit through a little hole that has a dab of peanut butter bait inside the unit. In this unit there was no bait at all. It seems just an access hole was good enough.

Attachments

• MICE in Indoor unit- 21.jpg
    MICE in Indoor unit- 21.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 58

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure you could find a more humane way to kill mice with a little thought.
I prefer the "Little Nipper" cheap, easy and efficient.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How gruesome is that - I`ll bet you discovered this novel deterrent by the whiff of bodies floating through the air con! I wonder if it would work on our pests - rabbits, partridges and pheasants :sick:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I found they used to use the little drain pan at the back of the fridge as a water trough :rolleyes:

Must have caught about 500 mice while I was building the house :eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Our mouse problem went away when three cats moved into the yard. The mice don't make it into the house. Three cats, no mice, who knew?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
There seems to be a couple of replies missing. This has lead a responder thinking this was in my house. This is not the case at all.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean @SeniorCitizen ? Very often I write a reply and forget to click on the button :rolleyes: Is that what you have done also?
If so, it might - just might be an age thing :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Please disregard reply #6, but this mouse accumulation was not in my house. Our HVAC unit is 38 years old and doing fine. It was a pic sent to me by my son that has a HVAC business.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that we all understand now that these mice were definitely NOT in your house, and that your son had sent you a joke. No worries @SeniorCitizen - the lightbulb went on, and all is made clear now (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Plant Hardiness Zone 6b - near border 6a, Heat Zone 7
Country
United States
I'm sure you could find a more humane way to kill mice with a little thought.
I prefer the "Little Nipper" cheap, easy and efficient.

They don't seem to be available in the US and the shipping I've seen on ebay makes it . prohibitive to give them a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
They don't seem to be available in the US and the shipping I've seen on ebay makes it . prohibitive to give them a try.
Victors are available at ACE Hardware but i re- enjinerer many products for those industries that aren't in the know. Example: the trap gets glued to a piece of wood for easier handling and a tether. A couple of pieces 1/2" x 1/2" of brown paper bag ( craft paper ) with a drop of Elmers glue on each side of each piece will do that. If you ever wanna remove it the ole butcher knife edge between the two and tapped with a hammer will separate those in a second or less. I learned that glue joint as a 7th grader but not from trapping mice.

No messy peanut butter for my mice. Pecan rolled in aluminum foil and pressed into the pan compartment. I haven't re- baited this one for a year or more and it still traps mice.

Attachments

• Mouse Trapped - 4-13-21.JPG
    Mouse Trapped - 4-13-21.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 48
  • mouse  trap mounted 2015.jpg
    mouse trap mounted 2015.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I had a rat problem, but between a snake moving in and a cat that visits every night, I hardly see them anymore. I can now leave birdseed out over night and they almost never touch it.

I've never seen any mice, seems like most people have rat problems

Ask a Question