If you could talk to yourself as a child.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
If it were possible to go back and tell your younger self a bit of advice, what would it be?

For me it would be: "Don't be afraid to fail".

I lived my life very cautiously for fear of failure and by doing so I missed some opportunities.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If it were possible to go back and tell your younger self a bit of advice, what would it be?

For me it would be: "Don't be afraid to fail".

I lived my life very cautiously for fear of failure and by doing so I missed some opportunities.

My son is like that. Before going out, he would have all sorts of health and safety checks.. He is so scared of taking a step different that he overthinks everything, even simple task like pasting wallpaper. I grabbed the brush and showed him some broad strokes and tell him to hurry up and that there was no art in it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Grow up......hang....on ......Don't Grow up its a trap but be a man have fun and don't take the world to seriously its never going to make any sense anyway ...Have fun & enjoy every moment
Men_Don't_Grow_up.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp; I was a very clean little boy because I washed behind my ears; it's said you always remember your first love; we went to school and grew up together; aged 7 I asked her to be my girlfriend and we then spent our school days at junior and senior schools together in the same class and our free time too until aged 15 when we went our own way starting work. I'm sure this must happen a lot even now. I once got six of the best from the headmaster who caught me carving our initials on the inside of my desk top; in those days a desk top was on a wooden desk. Boys in those days carried sheath knifes and we often carved our initials on trees and knives were allowed in school because no one ever got stabbed unlike now. Happy carefree days. :)

You did say we need a romantic saga alp?

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What has happened to your first love, do you know? I had a crush on this boy who came from a very middle class family - his mother was a teacher .. and they lived in a nice house. He didn't even know me. He's one year higher than me. Any way, he came to this country to study and I tried to come here because of this. He went back but I stayed. Funny how people have crazy crush on others who don't even know them.

@Colin Isn't it nice to have someone to validate you when you were so young, not that you need that validation. I myself don't need anybody to validate myself. I am totally misanthropic.

Ask a Question