If you could grow one fruit...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
what would it be? (even if the conditions aren't right for it where you are - let's just dream for a minute!)

I'd probably choose mango. I love, love, love mango. There's no way it would survive here, unfortunately - just not the right climate - and as a result if they're ever at supermarkets they're imported and super pricey.

What about you? Conditions aside, what would you choose to grow if you could pick anything?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sweet oranges. Sweet oranges can tolerate temperatures down to 28 degrees Fahrenheit. During the warm winters or El Nino years they could grow in ground with no problem at all. I could easily put a black sheet over it to warm it up if it gets too cold but still allow air to come in and out.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I will also choose mango. Actually I have over a dozen mango trees in my garden and every year I have a rich harvest. I am thinking to farm mango professionally.m

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I choose apples! You can do so many things with apples, and so is with mangoes for those that choose mangoes. Salsa, and mango salad came to mind. I think I will change my choice now, LOL. My kids love apple though :) I am confused!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
There was one fruit I always wanted to grow, more than anything. Last year I made it happen and added a Peach tree to my yard! They tasted as great as I had hoped! (y)

Yum! Another one of my favorites...and now I am craving peach cobbler! I think a peach tree would probably be second on my list - but hubby isn't a fan of them! He says he remembers a time as a kid when he ate SO many peaches that he made himself sick...and ever since he's hated them! :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would love to grow dates!:D They're sweet, yummy and healthy. So having a giant date palm would be really great:D

Reaction score
I'd love having a lemon tree in my property, but in the Netherlands you can't really grow that kind of things. I'd also love an avocado tree, funny those two can be grown in mexico!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Golden delicious apple, that is the only fruit I really like and I do have one in the back yard and the fruit is yummy (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was going to say peaches, but I think I will have to change it to Mango. That stuff is so delicious. However, you are right it is just so pricey at the store! Especially if you buy the already cut kind, canned, or frozen.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grew up in Southern California where we had white peach trees, if I could pick one fruit I could grow where I live now that would be it. White peaches reminds me of warm summer days, homemade ice cream, and pie. I have seen these peaches in the stores over the last few years, but the quality is not the same as in California.

Ask a Question