Identifying my Plants

Thouseef

Engineer with an interest for gardening
Reaction score
Country
Oman
Hi everyone out there,

I am a beginner in gardening and as such i need help in identifying the indoor plants i bought.

pic attached. Pls help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20180330-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20180330-WA0006.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG-20180330-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180330-WA0005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG-20180330-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180330-WA0004.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 234

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Thank You @alp. Even i thought it to be a kalanchoe but this plant just loves water which I doubt any kalanchoe would.

It had a growth sprout when i over watered it by mistake. Then it became nutrient deprived due to small pot and started to wither off. Now its repotted and waiting to be watered.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a gardening programme in which the lady presenter said just chucked kalanchoe when it finished flowering. She didn't explain why. She was also the one telling the owner of an acer palmatum dissectum with seeds to get rid of the tree! I cried torrents of tears! I have had 4 or 5 acers and one about 15 years, none has had any seeds and there she was, telling the owner to get rid of it! Horticultural crime / vandalism.

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Yea. Its sad how these people treat precious greenery. Having come from India with acres of agricultural land and presently working abroad living in a flat, it makes me sad to see such madness around.

Thats why i recently loaded up my flat with indoor plants so that i can atleast breathe some good air.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yea. Its sad how these people treat precious greenery. Having come from India with acres of agricultural land and presently working abroad living in a flat, it makes me sad to see such madness around.

Thats why i recently loaded up my flat with indoor plants so that i can atleast breathe some good air.

Make sure you have Mother in law tongue and propagate them. Clean air is a precious commodity and people take it for granted. Where are you based at the moment if you don't mind telling us please?

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Make sure you have Mother in law tongue and propagate them. Clean air is a precious commodity and people take it for granted. Where are you based at the moment if you don't mind telling us please?

I am based in Oman. I am not sure if you have heard abt this country. Its one of the peaceful countries in the middle east. But finding any agricultural supplies here is a herculian task.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am based in Oman. I am not sure if you have heard abt this country. Its one of the peaceful countries in the middle east. But finding any agricultural supplies here is a herculian task.

Yes, I have. Has your company sent you there or it's your own business? Are you going to be there long?

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
The indoor environment here is 24x7 ac with a temp. range of 22 - 27deg. C and pretty dry air. Light is filtered indirect sunlight near window sill. At present I have fittonias, succulents, dragon tree and so called kalanchoe. Open to suggestions for indoor plants suited for this enviroment.

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Yes, I have. Has your company sent you there or it's your own business? Are you going to be there long?

I am working here with a private company. I will be here for atleast a couple of years till i setup my own venture.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The indoor environment here is 24x7 ac with a temp. range of 22 - 27deg. C and pretty dry air. Light is filtered indirect sunlight near window sill. At present I have fittonias, succulents, dragon tree and so called kalanchoe. Open to suggestions for indoor plants suited for this enviroment.

Dry air is dodgy! If you have 24x7 ac, African violets will like it if you mist it twice a day.

Epipremnum aureum, spider plant, peace lily all good for you, not forgetting areca palm.

Thouseef

Reaction score
Country
Oman
Like i said before i am a beginner in indoor gardening. So I had to google the plants you mentioned. and i find african violet & peace lilly interesting. But again i have to now search for a source from where i can get these plants. Wish me luck.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Like i said before i am a beginner in indoor gardening. So I had to google the plants you mentioned. and i find african violet & peace lilly interesting. But again i have to now search for a source from where i can get these plants. Wish me luck.

Google the prices and check the sizes. Good luck. Need to sort out my lean to. See you round.

Ask a Question