Identification help req.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone please identify the following plant/shrub/bush for me please...When I go to the garden centre it could quite possibly be the wrong time of year to purchase it...and I never see them there even though they are very common...So my train of thought is if I have both the Common and Latin name, I will be better armed in locating it...
Thanks for any replies your help is much appreciated
Regards
C

ID bush.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
hypericum and if you rub the leaves, they smell gorgeous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
St John's Wort - Hypericum perforatum Some have told me I have a weed ut I did buy it and it is not growing wild like they all said. I do keep the little renegade shoots at bay.....
st John's wort-Hypericum perforatum.jpg

It's just a lovey plant I have had for 10 years.

Also, if you find it at a friends or something it roots easily by fresh clippings....I would send you some but....I CAN'T.....sorry....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Also, if you find it at a friends or something it roots easily by fresh clippings....I would send you some but....I CAN'T.....sorry....
Thank you waretrop...if its that easy I might be able to get hold of a clipping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a and 6b
Country
United States
Do you have rooting hormone? If not go get a twig of willow and cut it into 1 inch pieces and let it soak in water for a week. Then you can use the water as a rooting dip....works great..but you may not even have to use anything to get it rooted. I just stick them in good soil water and place them in a zip lock bag, zipped. Then open it for fresh air every couple of days....They may loose their leaves but it will root in a few weeks and regrow new leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have rooting hormone? If not go get a twig of willow and cut it into 1 inch pieces and let it soak in water for a week. Then you can use the water as a rooting dip....works great..but you may not even have to use anything to get it rooted. I just stick them in good soil water and place them in a zip lock bag, zipped. Then open it for fresh air every couple of days....They may loose their leaves but it will root in a few weeks and regrow new leaves.
Yes I have rooting compound already in the cupboard

Ask a Question