Ideal garden

Reaction score
Okay, let's play a little game. You get to make one change to your garden, and only one. What is the one thing that you change which would make your garden perfect, or as close to perfect as you can get without spending a mass amount of money?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would like to have more trees. In the past, there were oaks, birches and pines everywhere, but my parents got rid of them. Now, the garden looks empty and sad. I'd love to change it.
A small forest of poplars would make me very happy:D

Reaction score
I agree with Claudine - trees. My additions to my perfect garden would also contain lots and lots of fruit trees as well as nut trees and weeping willows. Yep, trees round out the picture for me.

Reaction score
I would like to have more trees. In the past, there were oaks, birches and pines everywhere, but my parents got rid of them. Now, the garden looks empty and sad. I'd love to change it.
A small forest of poplars would make me very happy:D
Why on earth did they get rid of so many lovely trees?

Reaction score
Having an actual garden would do it for me:D. I live in apartment building surrounded by small park. I can grow small things inside, and I can grow things on my balcony. I can try to plant things right outside of the building and hope nobody will destroy them, but this is a bit of a hit or miss situation. It would be nice to have some garden space that belongs to me one day. And I would definitely have weeping willows, always found them interesting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Why on earth did they get rid of so many lovely trees?
My mother isn't a big fan of trees, she thinks that they might fall down and destroy our house. In my opinion it's crazy, but she doesn't listen to me. It's their garden, so I can't do anything about it:(
Personally, I think that trees are gorgeous and I would love to plant as many of them as possible.

Reaction score
My mother isn't a big fan of trees, she thinks that they might fall down and destroy our house. In my opinion it's crazy, but she doesn't listen to me. It's their garden, so I can't do anything about it:(
Personally, I think that trees are gorgeous and I would love to plant as many of them as possible.
Does your mother live in a place which is prone to big storms or anything?

Reaction score
trees for me also. i'd like the yard to have the feeling that it's a cleared out section surrounded by woods. i've already planted them, so i hope time will take care of things for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Does your mother live in a place which is prone to big storms or anything?
No, she doesn't:p If she did, I'd be able to understand her phobia.
We live in Poland, the climate here is calm. Of course storms happen, but I honestly don't remember the last time when I saw a fallen tree.

Reaction score
No, she doesn't:p If she did, I'd be able to understand her phobia.
We live in Poland, the climate here is calm. Of course storms happen, but I honestly don't remember the last time when I saw a fallen tree.
Hmm that is quite odd then. Then again, if it is a proper phobia, it doesn't have to be reasonable since that's sort of the entire point :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hmm that is quite odd then. Then again, if it is a proper phobia, it doesn't have to be reasonable since that's sort of the entire point :p
I guess:p I wish she was paranoid about something else though, because I really can't stand looking at the garden without trees. It makes me so sad! Fortunately, our neighbors grow a lot of old, big trees. I can see a beautiful pine from my window:D

Ask a Question