Idea for corner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like any advice about how to hide my neighbors unsightly garage. My driveway and retaining wall are right next to his garage and I need to do something in that corner to hide his garage. I have had my driveway repaved since this pic was taken.

Attachments

• IMG_2218[1264].jpg
    IMG_2218[1264].jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Country
United States
Will he let you paint that side? If so, how about an interesting design painted on it.
Although it sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure if he would let me do that, I don't know him very well. The roof and gutter are also in bad shape, I was hoping to try to hide the whole area, maybe with some tall evergreens in planters or something. I did get an estimate for a tall fence along that side but the price was outrageous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Although it sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure if he would let me do that, I don't know him very well. The roof and gutter are also in bad shape, I was hoping to try to hide the whole area, maybe with some tall evergreens in planters or something. I did get an estimate for a tall fence along that side but the price was outrageous.
Evergreen planters would have to be LARGE for their roots. The taller the plant the larger the pots that cost money. Your local nursery can show you the size you would need. So go and introduce yourself to him. The other possible cheaper way would be to put a lattice on the wall, again you'd be nailing, and few pots of Clematis. Or several long rows of troughs of dirt, anchor lattices inside them, then plant several clematis---chose a few types to have continual blooms in each trough.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Burn it down......No, kidding, but it is that ugly.
I take it that is all concrete slabs you have there?
A tall fence would be my suggestion.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

I like the idea of planters in that corner. You will want large ones. the size of half-barrel planters or larger. Metal or plastic water troughs with drainage holes are another option. You might even consider constructing a permanent raised bed of brick, concrete, wood, etc.

As for what to plant, there are a number of options that will give height. A small tree, a large shrub, a vine on a trellis, bamboo, etc. Before going into specifics, tell us more about what type of plant would you like to see there?

Ask a Question