ID these 2 plants

Reaction score
Country
India
IMG_20211221_164503.jpg

IMG_20211221_164510.jpg

Can you please id these 2 plants? I am not sure if the 2nd one has dropped it's petals or it blooms in this way but it was in this condition when I bought it from the nursery. Strangely, the guy at the nursery was not sure but he thinks it is a Dianthus.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The first plant is a Garden Zinnia (Zinnia elegans or hybrid) in the Sunflower Tribe (Heliantheae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae).

The second plant is indeed a Pink (Dianthus hybrid) in the Pink Family (Caryophyllaceae).
The flower in the picture has lost some petals. Normally Pinks wil l have five petals, unless they are a double form.

Reaction score
Country
India
The first plant is a Garden Zinnia (Zinnia elegans or hybrid) in the Sunflower Tribe (Heliantheae) of the Daisy Family (Asteraceae).

The second plant is indeed a Pink (Dianthus hybrid) in the Pink Family (Caryophyllaceae).
The flower in the picture has lost some petals. Normally Pinks wil l have five petals, unless they are a double form.
Thanks Marck

Reaction score
Country
India

Just realized that the Zinnia Profusion Red Yellow Bicolor is a 2021 GOLD MEDAL AAS Flower Winner!

I am glad I got this one :love:

Reaction score
Country
India
The Dianthus has bloomed 4 flowers and the flowers remained bloomed for the 4th day now.

Attachments

• IMG-20220121-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220121-WA0007.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 18

Ask a Question