I would appreciate if you could do this!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
I'm a 15 year old GCSE design and technology student. I'm creating a product to do with gardening (an informational seed pack for children). I would really appreciate if you could take a few minuets just to answer these questions. Thank you.

How often do you garden?

Why do you garden?

What made you interested in gardening?

Have you enjoyed gardening since you were a child? If so what inspired that?

Where do you resource information about the different plants/vegetables/fruits from?

What do you think will entice children into gardening?

Do you have any younger family members who enjoy gardening? If so what makes them interested?

Do you ever wish you knew more about gardening? If so what do you wish you knew more about? For example facts, how to look after them?

Whats the normal price you will be spending on seed packets or tools? Do you wish they were cheaper?

Thank you so much for your time. This has really helped me! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
How often do you garden? Aside from a 40 hour a week job, keeping house, cooking, reading etc. Probably 30 mins each day, and a good 4 hours on a weekend.

Why do you garden? Have the property, its pretty, it burns calories. a hobby.

What made you interested in gardening? Is pretty, it burns calories, have the property.

Have you enjoyed gardening since you were a child? If so what inspired that? My did used to fuss in a veggie garden, doubt that inspired me. Probably because both husband and I both like doing it. and we have 3 acres, and it burns calories, and its pretty.

Where do you resource information about the different plants/vegetables/fruits from? As my oldest area is 30 years old, I would say back then books, lots of books.

What do you think will entice children into gardening? who knows, I have tried to hire some young adults to help me. Even $10.00 an hour does not work.

Do you have any younger family members who enjoy gardening? If so what makes them interested? NO.

Do you ever wish you knew more about gardening? If so what do you wish you knew more about? For example facts, how to look after them? Nope,

Whats the normal price you will be spending on seed packets or tools? Do you wish they were cheaper? I usually don't buy seeds. Like to buy the plant. Seeds take too much time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
How often do you garden? Almost every day I pick up sticks, move something, walk and inspect. Rarely miss doing something at least a little on weekends, even if just watering.

Why do you garden? Veggies- My wife had planted the garden and promptly had knee surgery. I was sort of forced into it. I became very angry at fungi and began reading about plants.

What made you interested in gardening? Fungi and the interaction we have with them and our food and who is going to eat it first.

Have you enjoyed gardening since you were a child? If so what inspired that? No. Granpa was organic and I had to pull nutsedge by hand and haul it out in buckets. I became very angry at nutsedge.

Where do you resource information about the different plants/vegetables/fruits from? Lovely patrons of sites like this one, reading, local heroes.

What do you think will entice children into gardening? Patience on your part. It takes a while to demonstrate that it takes a planet to raise a plant. And planets are big, and take a lot of explaining.

Do you have any younger family members who enjoy gardening? If so what makes them interested? No. Well.. my brother likes to eat out of the garden so I rank him with the fungi as he bears watching.

Do you ever wish you knew more about gardening? If so what do you wish you knew more about? For example facts, how to look after them? Yes. Phytohormonal interactions amuse me.

Whats the normal price you will be spending on seed packets or tools? Do you wish they were cheaper? Maybe 20 dollars on fresh seed. Its not the money, but the genetics. Tools are more general. I bought a new thatch rake this year.

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
How often do i garden? Every day when it isn't raining.

Why do you garden? Because i enjoy it and it's my obsession.

What made you interested in gardening?
My dad always grew cabbage and potatoes, also some lupins in the front garden.

Have you enjoyed gardening when you were a child? Yes

Where do you resource information about the different plants/veg/fruit?
Gardeners world programme

What do you think would entice children into gardening? Don't know

Do you have a younger family member who enjoys gardening? No

Do you ever wish you knew more about gardening? No

What's the normal price you would pay for a packet of seeds or tools£Each packet would be about £1.99 up to about £2.50 don't know how many i would get yet.
Haven't bought tools for years so wouldn't know.

Ask a Question