I was gifted this plant and can’t figure out what it is?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received this plant about a week ago or so. It’s starting to look droopy and I’m not sure how to care for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 37
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's an African violet, and you will kill it if you overwater it. Take off the droopy leaves at the bottom and let it dry out. Only ever water it from the bottom by standing it in water occasionally. Keep it in a warm place with plenty of light - not direct hot sun.

Welcome to the forums:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received this plant about a week ago or so. It’s starting to look droopy and I’m not sure how to care for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

African Violet (Streptocarpus sect. Saintpaulia) Indoor Care Guide​

African violets require moist, well-drained soil to grow correctly. It is vital to water the plant in the growing season with lukewarm water. Always water from the bottom as the leaves are can get brown spots from splashed water. Overwatering can be detrimental, so it is essential to ensure the soil is dry before watering again. Depending on your potting soil and pot structure, drying may take longer for you than it is for others. So, there isn’t a strict schedule you need to follow, just water when the top layer of soil dries out. Water sparingly in winter.

Here is the link to complete guide:

Here is the video link:

Ask a Question