I want to borrow your stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh but I will bring it back in pieces. That is a demolition saw. I like the guys I know and they want to do right by me but DAMN..
20180205_135921.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I'll lend tools to people but not if they don't show signs of taking care of their own stuff... That's a $300 diamind blade right? I don't remember if our quick cut (demolition) has one of those blades or not.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We have no friends, but only people with their own interests to serve! Call me cynics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Eek sorry to hear that @DirtMechanic! :eek: I hope they're going to cover the cost of a replacement.

My step-dad once borrowed a circular saw from his daughter, and managed to break it. It wasn't an expensive one, so his excuse was that it was rubbish and just broke. He offered to pay half for a replacement on the condition that the new saw was half his property... :rolleyes: Is it just me, but I feel that if you break something that belongs to someone else then you should replace it, no conditions! Needless to say we rarely lend him anything!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Eek sorry to hear that @DirtMechanic! :eek: I hope they're going to cover the cost of a replacement.

My step-dad once borrowed a circular saw from his daughter, and managed to break it. It wasn't an expensive one, so his excuse was that it was rubbish and just broke. He offered to pay half for a replacement on the condition that the new saw was half his property... :rolleyes: Is it just me, but I feel that if you break something that belongs to someone else then you should replace it, no conditions! Needless to say we rarely lend him anything!

You stepdad was either very frugal or very mean! Well, at least, he's not a spendthrift!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You stepdad was either very frugal or very mean! Well, at least, he's not a spendthrift!

Just frugal thankfully ;) He likes to hoard wealth then complain about how he's got no money :rolleyes::LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We learned not to loan tools, or anything else! Friends of a friend wanted to borrow our belt sander, and we foolishly said yes. We even sent an extra belt along, just in case.
When they returned the sander the dust bag was crammed full, the original belt was on the sander but had been worn down to being just paper, and they kept the other belt!
Now when we are asked to lend a tool, we either go and use it for the lendee, or just say no.
(Is "lendee" a word?)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I Often lend A Hand & Just Hope it Comes Back With a Beer in it(y).....................Its the Best way to Positive relations:D...............But I Isn't lending out Me Tools:stop: .....Wel,..... Maybe When I die someday far in the future, you may touch my tools then. But If you wish to die today, then you may touch them now:punch:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We learned not to loan tools, or anything else! Friends of a friend wanted to borrow our belt sander, and we foolishly said yes. We even sent an extra belt along, just in case.
When they returned the sander the dust bag was crammed full, the original belt was on the sander but had been worn down to being just paper, and they kept the other belt!
Now when we are asked to lend a tool, we either go and use it for the lendee, or just say no.
(Is "lendee" a word?)

I do not know about "lendee" but I believe the word "Lender" refers to a bank and its loan contracts, which it appears are under-utilized!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
(Is "lendee" a word?)

They kept the other belt! I will not call people like these friends. My ex had a good friend who would charge his camera in our house and sell my ex beers at a profit every time he came back from Germany!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Alp, we didn't call them friends. In fact, we didn't even know them! They were friends of a friend of ours, and after the sander episode we disavowed all of them as "friends."

Ask a Question