I think my strawberry crowns are rotting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
Hey guys, recently I noticed my three strawberry plants don't look so happy and the leaves are laying down. I then noticed the crown wasn't showing as much so I thought I accidentally buried the crown. I tried removing the soil away from the crown but that's when I noticed the crown isn't red anymore, but brown. That's why I couldn't see or notice them. Are they rotting? If so how can I fix this problem?

I was thinking of re-planting them but digging them out, wash the soil off and then plant them again. Would that be the smart thing to do?

Lately it's been humid and rained a lot last week. They weren't affected directly but the humidity may have done something. Any tips?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Mine will do the same thing if I water them from the top, they do better if you don't get the crown or leaves wet. I water from the bottom, just lay your hose on the ground ant let the water run slowly around your plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Southern Japan (11b)
Country
Japan
Mine will do the same thing if I water them from the top, they do better if you don't get the crown or leaves wet. I water from the bottom, just lay your hose on the ground ant let the water run slowly around your plants.

Thanks for the reply I do indeed water the whole plant from the top so I will stop that. Really sad I didn't know about this before I harmed my plants

Ask a Question