I think my Stephanotis plant is dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to gardening, so any gardening terminology you might use, I won't understand - sorry:)

My stephanotis was bought in honour of my Mum, who loved them and for a couple of months Steph has been fine, but now I have yellowing leaves near the bottom of the plant and the main stem is now turning grey / brown in colour and it's working it's way up the stem.
The rest of the leaves are still nice and green but these leaves are not near the grey stem.

Can anything be done to revive it, or is it a lost cause?

Thank you

Attachments

• 518F9E6E-8E55-4B79-B097-553AFBC52636.jpeg
    518F9E6E-8E55-4B79-B097-553AFBC52636.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 357
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its a watering issue. Take the nursery pot out of the container and feel how heavy it is. If its very heavy then you need to allow your plant to dry a little more between waterings. However if its very light, then you need to water more often. The second way to double check your watering management, is stick your finger in the side of the pot and feel down a inch or two, is it dry or wet. Always allow the top inch to dry well before watering.

Attachments

• fingerinsoil.JPG
    fingerinsoil.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 197

Ask a Question