I put of starting... what to do now?

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sooooo, because I procrastinate, I haven't done anything in the garden yet this year. I'm in zone 7, and I think our last frost date is April 19. Any ideas on what I can plant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sooooo, because I procrastinate, I haven't done anything in the garden yet this year. I'm in zone 7, and I think our last frost date is April 19. Any ideas on what I can plant?
We are zone 8a, last frost date March 30, and frost is on the weather chan for April Fools Days. You cannot make this stuff up. Cosmic Comedy. :cautious:

So everything is staying in the starter trays on the heat mats.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Three weeks before your last frost date is not too late to plant seeds, if you have seeds to plant. If not, buy or order them immediately, perhaps with rush delivery. You will want to get started soon. Of course, you can also plan to just buy starts at your local garden center instead.

For suggestion on what you could or should plant, first tell us more about the type of garden you want, and your growing conditions.
For of course, there is a huge array of Summer vegetable crops and ornamentals from which you might choose.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, I can't help with your plants to sow or start. I am in Zone 5a and we see our last Frost around May 15th to 30th. I usually started my seeds indoors in March and those for the cool weather crops. The tomato seed was sown in soil blocks or pots mid-April.
Just check out the dates on your seed packets or in your seed catalogs for more information. It mostly depends on your last Frost date.

Ask a Question