I need help with mould!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All of my plants are growing mould because of the cold weather and perfect condition for mould to grow. Luckily it has not spread on to any of the plants yet but the soil is covered in it! I have no idea what to do to combat this, and a spray I bought at a garden centre didn't work at all. I would really appreciate if anyone knew any solutions to this!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If this is a whiteish-colored fuzzy mold it is probably a saprophytic fungus and is harmless to your plants. It likes to grow in cool moist places and it is like other soil fungi being that it feeds on dead organic matter. It will go away on its own but if you feel you must get rid of it either sprinkle cinnamon on it or spray with a strong baking soda solution.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If this is a whiteish-colored fuzzy mold it is probably a saprophytic fungus and is harmless to your plants. It likes to grow in cool moist places and it is like other soil fungi being that it feeds on dead organic matter. It will go away on its own but if you feel you must get rid of it either sprinkle cinnamon on it or spray with a strong baking soda solution.
Thanks for the advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I would agree with this, but my response to get rid of it would be to lightly rake over the surface of the soil rather than adding things.

Ask a Question