i need help i.d.ing plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought they were my beets but when I pulled it out nope...then eggplant but don't think so..I did Wright it down when I replanted . any ideas 14258706177341765198455.jpg

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd agree with Chuck, some sort of Solenacea :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok thanks. Because of the color I thought they were beets but when I pulled them out of the green house I didn't think that was right.. I do have green tomatoe seeds and Easter egg plant seeds I ordered from China could one of them . I wish I wrote it down..

Reaction score
I thought they were my beets but when I pulled it out nope...then eggplant but don't think so..I did Wright it down when I replanted . any ideas

Although I agree with Chuck in that in reality it is a little too early to be able to say with any certainty what it is you have there - I hate to throw a spanner in the works - but I have to say that it looks more like a tomato seedling to me - especially as the seed leaves are long and eggplant seed leaves are generally much rounder and shorter.

Either way - if you could post another picture in a few weeks or when your seedling has matured a bit more - I feel more than sure that someone here will very definitely be able to fully identify what it is you have there.

Oh and as you mentioned growing Easter EggPlants - would love to see photos of your plants as they mature and am sure others would too - especially as they are an extremely attractive plant when at the cropping stage :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Tomato family have got hairy stems, beets are smooth :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
It does sort of look like an eggplant seedling but as has been mentioned, let it grow a little more. Post another pic in a month.

Ask a Question