I missed the chance of a life time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
When I opened the kitchen door what do I see? Two snakes busy doing what when 2 snakes get together do!!!:p . Needless to say I almost fainted looking at them.:eek::eek::eek: I picked up my camera but had no guts to go anywhere near them. . Had to call in a snake catcher. He caught them but I did not go to see him in action. He said they were rat snakes and harmless. This snake catcher is famous.
He charges a good amount. He collects them and leaves them in a jungle, once a week..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
When I opened the kitchen door what do I see? Two snakes busy doing what when 2 snakes get together do!!!:p . Needless to say I almost fainted looking at them.:eek::eek::eek: I picked up my camera but had no guts to go anywhere near them. . Had to call in a snake catcher. He caught them but I did not go to see him in action. He said they were rat snakes and harmless. This snake catcher is famous.
He charges a good amount. He collects them and leaves them in a jungle, once a week..

No! Say it is not so! I would have fainted or screamed or froze. Needless to say, i would be shaking to by core, while calling the "famous" snake catcher. I give you big time credit. It's okay that you did not capture the moment! :geek: Pretty sure, we can all imagine. :cool: So, did it cost you a big amount? I would say, it would be worth every penny!

Reaction score
Hehehehe, it sounds like you had a pretty exciting day, heh! Sorry to hear you couldn't take the picture, but who knows! Maybe you might see something similar again or maybe something more amazing ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Hehehehe, it sounds like you had a pretty exciting day, heh! Sorry to hear you couldn't take the picture, but who knows! Maybe you might see something similar again or maybe something more amazing ;)

I don't want ever to see anything like that ever ever ever even if I missed the chance of a lifetime to take pictures :p:p:p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
No! Say it is not so! I would have fainted or screamed or froze. Needless to say, i would be shaking to by core, while calling the "famous" snake catcher. I give you big time credit. It's okay that you did not capture the moment! :geek: Pretty sure, we can all imagine. :cool: So, did it cost you a big amount? I would say, it would be worth every penny!

It was so:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have several varieties of snakes here on the farm. The rat snakes are great at keeping vermin under control, and we have one large one who lives in the barn and keeps the mice out. The grass snakes (garter snakes) are cute and don't do much except startle me while weeding. If we go down into the pasture we wear sturdy boots and walk heavily. Snakes can't hear, but they feel vibration and know you are coming in time to get away. I'm sorry you were frightened by the snake "couple". They could have picked a better and more private place for their tryst!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We have several varieties of snakes here on the farm. The rat snakes are great at keeping vermin under control, and we have one large one who lives in the barn and keeps the mice out. The grass snakes (garter snakes) are cute and don't do much except startle me while weeding. If we go down into the pasture we wear sturdy boots and walk heavily. Snakes can't hear, but they feel vibration and know you are coming in time to get away. I'm sorry you were frightened by the snake "couple". They could have picked a better and more private place for their tryst!
I am not comfortable be they rat or mouse or whatever snake (lol). Our pet Preiti alerts us if she spots any reptile but never goes near them. Today I kept her leashed until the snake catcher arrived.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of a rat snake before, going to have to research that one. My guess is that since they are harmless, they are probably like the garden snakes we have here where I live. I am not into snakes at all, so I can sense how you must have felt, especially seeing them give each other a "hey, how ya doin". Nature is so interesting sometimes!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Rosy, rat snakes are not venomous, but they will and can bite. They are known for being a bit more aggressive than other non-venomous snakes. We had one in one of the chickens' nest boxes. I took a pair of barbecue tongs (never used for barbecue again) and grabbed the snake in back of its head,grabbed the back end, and tossed it out into the field. My neighbor nearly fainted when I told him what I'd done. Here's a picture of a rat snake in our driveway. This one was on his way to the drainage ditch.
Rat Snake 1 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
:eek:Yuuuuuuuuuuukkkkk!!!!!!!, I'd be petrified, literally I think. I don't think I could move. :confused::( In saying that, my son and his wife moved in a while ago, for a while and there's still a while to go and they brought with them a dog, 2 cats and 2 pythons. The pythons do live in the garage in aquariums with heating and padlocks. They bring them out some times and I can manage not to run away screaming!!! My daughter in law will sit playing her piano with one wrapped around her and I do a very big loop around the lounge room. I do know it's not going to attack me. However:eek::(:confused:!!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Rosy, rat snakes are not venomous, but they will and can bite. They are known for being a bit more aggressive than other non-venomous snakes. We had one in one of the chickens' nest boxes. I took a pair of barbecue tongs (never used for barbecue again) and grabbed the snake in back of its head,grabbed the back end, and tossed it out into the field. My neighbor nearly fainted when I told him what I'd done. Here's a picture of a rat snake in our driveway. This one was on his way to the drainage ditch. View attachment 7075
I would have jumped too!

now, do they hiss sweet nothings while they ....
All what I saw were those two heads and their slithering. I just closed the door and did not wait to hear if there were sweet whisperings :LOL:

You are brave to take pictures of snakes. (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
:eek:Yuuuuuuuuuuukkkkk!!!!!!!, I'd be petrified, literally I think. I don't think I could move. :confused::( In saying that, my son and his wife moved in a while ago, for a while and there's still a while to go and they brought with them a dog, 2 cats and 2 pythons. The pythons do live in the garage in aquariums with heating and padlocks. They bring them out some times and I can manage not to run away screaming!!! My daughter in law will sit playing her piano with one wrapped around her and I do a very big loop around the lounge room. I do know it's not going to attack me. However:eek::(:confused:!!!!!!

How can you live with that python even if it was in a cage or whatever and your daugher in law putting it round her neck :eek::eek::eek:

Ask a Question