I love perennials!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love perennials. When they start to sprout it is the first indication that spring is here to stay. In our old house tulips were planted everywhere. They were so beautiful. I always wondered about the person who had loved their yard so much to make it look so pretty. Where I live now we have ornamental grass the pops up in the flower beds every spring. Although it comes up a little later than the tulips did, it is also a welcome sign. Does anyone have suggestions for other perennials that might look nice in a small flowerbed hugging the front wall of my house?

Reaction score
Daffodils are usually the first bulb to pop up in the spring. If the area you are mentioning gets good sunlight, they should do very well year after year. If they don't get much sun, they may not bloom again after the first year or two because they don't have enough energy stored up. There are several different varieties of daffodils, the plain yellow, the white and yellow, yellow and orange. You can get a nice variety.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love snowdrops and crocuses:love: Every year, there are plenty of them in my area, they're the first plants that come up and start blooming in spring. I always feel happy when I see them:)

Reaction score
I love perennials. When they start to sprout it is the first indication that spring is here to stay. In our old house tulips were planted everywhere. They were so beautiful. I always wondered about the person who had loved their yard so much to make it look so pretty. Where I live now we have ornamental grass the pops up in the flower beds every spring. Although it comes up a little later than the tulips did, it is also a welcome sign. Does anyone have suggestions for other perennials that might look nice in a small flowerbed hugging the front wall of my house?

Although I can think of hundreds of perennials that would give year round pleasure - if you are only wanting suggestions for spring flowering perennials - depending of course on your climate and how much sun or shade your flower bed gets - you really can't go too far wrong with any of the following

Anemones
Iris
Dianthus
Hyacinths
Primulas and Primroses
Freesias
Lily of the Valley

and of course Hellebore - which not only look stunning from late winter right through to late spring but come in many, many wonderful colors - all of which can be found on this link - together with plenty of useful information too

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/helleborus-winter-flowering-perennial.1539/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
If you want perennial flowers that bloom in late spring and early summer try
Poppies
Allium
Columbine
Delphinium

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are some perennial flowers you can consider
Lavender (Lavandula) It's a sun-loving perennial that thrives in well-drained soil.
Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea): These are daisy-like flowers and come in various colors
Black-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta): They are low-maintenance and drought-resistant.
Salvia (Salvia spp.): Salvias come in a variety of colors and sizes.
Peony (Paeonia): Known for their large, showy blooms. Choose early-blooming varieties for late spring displays.
Daylily (Hemerocallis): They are known for their long bloom period and adapt well to different soil conditions.

Hope you get inspired!

Ask a Question