I love my palram greenhouse but do not trust the clips!!!,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Twice now those little green clips failed. should have learned the first time. Whatever you have hanging will crush everything be,ow when it goes.
B
just lost many plants and have many broken pots.

Please don't be me. Save your money.
They are sold by just about everyone.

Tears,
lori

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
These are little clips that twist into the channel. Don't think there is a way to duplicate them. I tried finding an alternate by going to various fastener companies but no success so far. Just wanted to warn others to be VERY leery of what these will hold. Sad. This is a pic from their web site.

Attachments

• SP_PlantHangers.jpg
    SP_PlantHangers.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 380
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Thanks for the post and while I understand those are not to be trusted, can you tell the name brand and web store you ordered them at? I've never seen anything like them and would like to use the info as a starting point to look for like items, be them ordered or assembled and homemade. My application might not be the same as you use them, but never know what we might be able to find or make.

Wait - I just re-read you post and I'm guessing they are a Palram product that came with your greenhouse. I got Sherlock Holmes skills huh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Thanks for the post and while I understand those are not to be trusted, can you tell the name brand and web store you ordered them at? I've never seen anything like them and would like to use the info as a starting point to look for like items, be them ordered or assembled and homemade. My application might not be the same as you use them, but never know what we might be able to find or make.

Wait - I just re-read you post and I'm guessing they are a Palram product that came with your greenhouse. I got Sherlock Holmes skills huh.

They are an accessory that can be bought through Lowes, HD, etc. Now if you are looking for other neat greenhouse stuff check out.

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com

I bought some neat stuff from them and also solar powered products from these guys
https://www.greenlivingforu.com/

Lots of fun stuff, and forgot to mention Johnny's too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
What happens do they just snap ?

If you have a grinder you could make some metal clips with some thin flat bar

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
They somehow work themselves/twist themselves back out. I decided that anything heavy, I will use heavy cording - the stuff that is in traverse rods- and there are holes pre-punched into parts of the framework at front and back. I strung a rod/pipe with the cord and tied into these.
Fingers crossed, seems to be holding okay.
I think some of the reason the clips loosen up is that the house trembles when there are high winds.
I do have to tighten some of the bolts from time to time so this would seem to explain the clips failing.
I have decided that they are not to be trusted with anything heavy, or at least anything that might damage other items below them if it lets go.

Reaction score
So sorry, Lori! My mom had the same rude awakening, and that is why we don't trust clips anymore, most of the time they end up disappointing us really bad! We have lost a couple plants/pots that way! I hope your current arrangement works out tho.

Ask a Question